The 2019 Nissan Rogue
For 2019, the well-established Rogue crossover SUV became the first-ever Nissan model to provide the innovative Nissan Safety Shield suite. This package includes six intelligent safety features and driver assist technologies that aim to keep both driver and passengers confidently safe on the open roads. The 2019 Rogue also offers a brand new Special Edition exterior package for its base trim, the Rogue S. The premium 2019 Rogue SL now comes equipped with 19-inch machined aluminum-alloy wheels that look exquisitely bold and athletic. All trim levels now come standard with Lane Departure Warning, High Beam Assist, Intelligent Lane Intervention, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection.
Now let’s break down what the all-new 2019 Nissan Rogue has to offer.
Stay More Aware of Your Surroundings
The all-new Rogue offers Nissan Intelligent Mobility with Safety Shield 360. This savvy suite of active safety features constantly monitors the front, rear and either side of the vehicle to adequately keep you and pedestrians out of harm’s way. Here are some of the features that are standard on the SV and SL trims:
- Rear Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection effectively detects objects behind the crossover and will automatically apply the brakes to avoid a potential rear collision as the driver backs out of a parking space, driveway or other tricky spots.
- Rear Automatic Braking with Sonar System alerts the driver with a beeping sound when it detects an object near the rear bumper while backing up. To help the driver maneuver out of a tight parking spot, the beep will increase in frequency the closer the driver gets to the object.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert is a responsive system that warns drivers ahead of time with either a beep or a visual signal when a vehicle within the same lane decelerates. This innovative system is located on the front of the Nissan Rogue and it can constantly monitor up to two vehicles at once. According to the IIHS, the cross traffic alert systems have helped reduced crashes by 42 percent.
- Blind Spot Warning signals the driver if another vehicle becomes detected in the blind spot area. As soon the driver hits the turn signal on, an indicator will appear and flash a warning on both the driver’s and front passenger’s door pillar, as well as on the Advanced Drive-Assist display.
- Around View Monitor with Moving Object Detection provides the driver with a 360-degree bird’s eye view of the crossover. This cutting-edge system has curbside view split-screen capabilities and alerts the driver immediately if an object comes into view.
Drive Confidently With ProPILOT Assist
Available on select trim levels, the ProPILOT Assist helps relieve driver workload, especially during intense highway traffic situations, by reducing the amount of steering, driver acceleration, and braking under certain driving conditions. After prompting cruise control, this innovative system can keep the Rogue centered in its lane, as well as come to a complete stop if there ever was a traffic jam and start up again once the traffic starts flowing. The ProPILOT Assist is very user-friendly and has effectively helped prevent driver fatigue for many individuals.
A Sophisticated Upgrade for the Rogue S
The brand new Special Edition package is exclusively available for the 2019 Rogue S. It provides the base trim with luxurious add-ons and exterior features such as:
- 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- Roof rails
- Rear privacy glass
- Power heated outside mirrors with LED turn signal indicators
- Special Edition exterior badges
- Leather-wrapped shift knob
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Chrome exterior and interior door handles
- Quick Comfort heated front seats
Other features available for select trim levels include:
- Nissan Motion Activated Liftgate is triggered with just a simple kick under the rear bumper. This feature is very handy if one’s arms are full because they can be able to open the liftgate without the need to reach for the keys.
- Nissan Divide-N-Hide is a brilliant cargo system that allows maximum storage. It provides adjustable shelves, dividers and other cargo configurations that can be easily be manipulated with just one hand.
Overall, the 2019 Nissan Rogue is a stunningly bold compact crossover SUV. It’s also well ahead of the game pertaining to the latest high-tech entertainment, safety and, security features. As for fuel efficiency, the Rogue runs on a 170-horsepower, 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine with an Xtronic CVT transmission that has Sport and Eco Mode capabilities. It has an EPA estimated rating of 26 mpg city, 33 mpg highway and, 29 mpg combined.
If you are interested in the all-new Rogue and desire to learn more about it, then feel free to stop by Port City Nissan and see this beauty in person. Our team of experts will gladly assist you if you have any inquiries or requests. We are excited to welcome the 2019 Rogue into our impressive inventory and want you to take it out for a test drive. So, come on down to our Port City Nissan dealership today. We are proud to serve Portsmouth, the greater Seacoast and New England region.